We as entrepreneur and business professionals need, and want, to be seen in the company of other equally smart and successful professionals (or more so).
Or we look up to others as role models, whose outward brand is something to emulate.
But often the stagnation of being too busy in the day-to-day mechanics of business prevents us from better cultivating and nurturing those around us.
Here are a few ideas to make your LinkedIn and professional experience richer and more meaningful:
- Just ask others’ (1 or more) opinions in Messages. Then they will likely ask yours.
- Connect to other amazing people you have vetted and decided to surround yourself with. They seek the same.
- Cue into their Group conversations, their concerns, their questions. Theirs are likely yours as well.
- Be a curator around something published by a guru at the forefront of your field in an Update. Everyone likes to debate a passionate topic, professionally.
- Have and opinion and give it in a Post. And be sure to give it in the right context, in the right tone, and in the right venue.
- In all cases, acknowledge others’ right to their POV that may, or may not, adapt yours with their additional knowledge. You do not have to agree with everyone, just respect them.
The urge to excel is in all of us, waiting to be coaxed out. If you utilize just one (hopefully more than one!) of these tactics in your LinkedIn brand and its resulting daily conversation, you will be enriched.
So will we.