You used to be able to look at the analytics of a group you were thinking of joining and make some decisions based on the group stats:
- the seniority of the members,
- the geographic dispersion of the members,
- the industry array the members identified with,
- the discussion activity in the group,
- the grown of the group membership over time, among others.
LinkedIn recently capitulated (too harsh a word?) to the demands of the members to bring back downloading your connections’ email addresses to a CSV file, as I covered in a recent blog post.
Accordingly, I am hoping they read my blog today and restore this very valuable function to help us better decide which of the over 1.2 million groups we should join.