When adding a new LinkedIn connection, I know this is something I don’t do enough.
But it’s worth considering, especially of you never did this yet; in fact, IMHO it’s just good manners. Make it all about them, not you:
- Welcome a new connection by thanking him/her for connecting to you and offer insight into how you use LinkedIn, increasing your ways to stay in touch.
- Consider the applicability of an article you come across and relay it to a new connection.
- You can go further and openly offer introductions to those who are already in your entourage that may help your new connection.
- Suggest they join a LinkedIn group you like and tell them why.
- Add the new connection to one of your tagged groups to keep the conversation going among these like-minded folks.
I know I am forgetting one or two–what do you do?