- Resolve now to improve your entire LinkedIn profile to tell WHY you do what you do and also, HOW you do what you do. Overcome the inbred fear of talking about yourself: resolve to show your values you can and give back the best you can, all possible when you know how to best use the tools on LinkedIn.
- Resolve now to make personalized LinkedIn connection requests: remind the addressee where you met and tell how you can help them. Just like real life: engage the person, rather than hit-and-run. Never send a boilerplate intro-EVER.
- When was the last time you changed your headshot? Resolve to find a great professional photographer to make you look as good as the brand you represent. Your photo follows you all over LinkedIn so make it show you as approachable and vibrant.
- Resolve now to add video and Slideshare presentations to your LinkedIn personal profile-in your Summary and Experience sections. Easy and very memorable; think of it like a TV ad for your brand.
- Resolve to use key word strategies–get found in searches to get the best from LinkedIn. It’s a huge search engine, you know! And use the advanced search function for best results.
Tomorrow: 5 more resolutions to make LinkedIn work even better for you in 2015!